"Nice Halloween costume, Steve!"
"It's Halloween?"


First off, nice to see Mr. Bawful himself chime in earlier today. Go read his take if you haven't already done so.

In super scary news, Gilbert Arenas can't work out a deal to play in China! OOOOHH! AAAAAH!!

And in somehow even less surprising news, Delonte West has effectively posted his resume on Twitter hoping to find a new team. Of course he has.

Worst Of The Night In Pictures:


"Hey Kid, so are you gonna invite me to the filming of the next House Party sequel or what?"



Dan Gilbert being actively ignored by Trent Richardson. Beautiful.



Umm... Well this is awkward. (I mean Dwight Howard's free throw shooting, of course!)




Pictured: the bad guys in Star Wars Episode VII



Not pictured: anybody boxing Andy Varejao the hell out



I have no words
(h/t this tweet)


Nationally Televised Games:
Spurs at Hornets, NBA TV, 8pm: Thanks Time Warner for sucking slightly less than usual lately and adding NBA TV to my cable lineup, this will be the first legitimate NBA game I actually get to watch on NBA TV in the comfort of my own home! Therefore I fully expect this to be the most boring game in the history of professional basketball. You have been warned.

Oh, and Eric Gordon out indefinitely with knee problems. Sigh.

Lakers at Trail Blazers, NBA TV, 10:30pm: The roster has been overhauled and the team has a new look. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

What? Oh, I'm talking about the Blazers, not the Lakers. Sorry for the confusion.

All The Other Games:
Pacers at Raptors, 7pm: I'm not going to call them the Craptors yet on the off chance that they aren't terrible. I'm nice like that. I AM, however, going to post the clip of the raptor losing control and faceplanting because it's the greatest moment ever captured on film. Sound fair?



Nuggets at 76ers, 7pm: Breaking: Andrew Bynum not available for this game. Also breaking: Andrew Bynum.

Rockets at Pistons, 7:30pm: Jeremy Lin, James Harden, James Harden's Beard... Interested to see how this goes.

Kings at Bulls, 8pm: Tough season for both teams. Chicago has to figure out how the hell to keep winning without Derrick Rose. Sacramento has to figure out how the hell to stay in Sacramento. I'm not sure which is more realistic...

Also, Bulls are unlikely to extend Taj Gibson. BRB, gonna go sing the stingy team owner blues.

Mavericks at Jazz, 9pm: According to the STATS LLC game preview I read, Paul Millsap is "the only remaining player from the franchise's 53-win team in 2009-10." The last time I saw that much turnover action that fast was Tony Romo in the first quarter against the Giants last week. Hiyooo

Warriors at Suns, 10pm: Jared Dudley on Goran Dragic becoming the starting point guard for the Suns: "I thought him leaving, going to Houston and starting has helped his confidence, helped his maturity. He definitely is the face of the franchise now. It's his show." I am still not sure how I feel about this... I remember watching Dragic come off the bench for Steve Nash a couple years ago and thinking how I loved Dragic's energy and aggressiveness. But then I'd see him turn the ball over spectacularly and get frustrated. Does anyone here have any more recent time spent watching Dragic? How do you feel about him?

Grizzlies at Clippers, 10:30pm: You really should go read this great piece by Jonathan Abrams -- it's a behind-the-scenes look at how Lionel Hollins is coaching the Grizzlies. Fascinating stuff. Almost as fascinating as Hollins' jacked-up fingers.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:
Blogger Dan B. said...
Late breaking news: DeMar DeRozan is getting PAID. 4 years, $40 mil. Well then, Craptors. Good job, good effort.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Is it opposite day in the NBA? Every team that should be winning is sucking.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Lakers are 0-2 thanks to 24 turnovers tonight

Blogger Savio said...
Man Nash looks so OLD now... Anyway, that's what i tkink about dragic: he is friggin sick.

Blogger Matt said...
I don't have access to the archives, but somebody needs to pull up the fake Delonte West Home Depot application. Then they need to do a side-by-side comparison to his Twitter resume to see how prescient the application was.

The ESPN piece says nothing about West banging LeBron's mom. That's a shame.
I think it is worth posting on a resume, no?

Blogger Nick said...
To answer your questions about Dragic, I've seen him in the pre-season games in Phoenix, and he looks a lot different then the last time you saw him as a Sun. He looks in control and he's not turning his back to the basket anymore when he gets any pressure within 30 feet of the lane, which I think is what caused a lot of his turnovers in the past. I think he can be a top 10 PG (probably homer thinking, but I'm sticking to it). His debut definitely looked better than Nash's this season, and that includes wardrobe and hair.

Blogger Evil Ted said...
That Rondo pic is priceless.

I would love to be happy about the Lakers' early failings, but at this point I am willing to root for ANY team that can take down the Heat.

Anonymous JJ said...
Uh, is it me or did Steve Nash turn gay (not that there's anything wrong with it)?

Blogger Wormboy said...
Yeah, what the hell kind of outfit is Nashie wearing? And how did he get to look so OLD?



Can you imagine the physical on Nash: doctor takes aside Lakers management, "uh, I don't know how to break this. This man is very old. I think they forged his birth certificate in South Africa. Or maybe they've found longevity drugs in Phoenix. Hell, maybe it was the contrast effect of all the retirees down there. But Mr. Nash is being held together by bubble gum and dental floss."


Anonymous Anonymous said...
And i thought 90's fashion was bad. The thunderkids (that still includes harden) are also a disaster. I must be getting old