DD and Ice

This classic line from Darryl Dawkins makes me greatly fear for the safety of every toilet on Planet Lovetron: "I didn't mean to destroy it. It was the power, the Chocolate Thunder. I could feel it surging through my body, fighting to get out. I had no control over it."

Believe it or not, this is George Gervin's response to the same event: "I started to rush in to help out. Then I saw Double D cock the ball behind his head. I got the hell out of there. I knew what was coming. I had seen his Kansas City act on the TV replay. In slow motion. It was scary." Don't feel bad, George. You're not the first man to run from the Chocolate Thunder.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who laughed out loud reading these quotes (which are from NBA.com by the way). If you want to know what Sir Slam and the Iceman were really talking about, watch this video. It's the number three (and not, as you might suspect, number two).

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I did have some half suppressed snickers reading this at the library. Damn my susceptibility for base humor!

writing "Half suppressed snickers" didn't help, either...

Blogger Michael Hsu said...
This is my new OOC quotation, but it has made your site before.

"I don't know, I've seen some pretty stiff ones, and this is right up there with them" - Kobe Bryant

Blogger KNEE JERK NBA said...
That lefty hook dunk on Walton is ridiculous!